Freelance Writer Needed

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Freelance Writer Needed Scams

Bookmark and Share
Freelance writer needed is a term used by many people looking for writers. However, it can also be used by those who are trying to get your email address. After they have it, they can refer you to a site where you pay to sign up and then they will let you see what jobs are available. This is the newest way to defraud people out of their email addresses lately. I for one have had enough of this one particular site doing this.

I use my time wisely to look for work and find it appalling to send out a cover letter with my interest in their writing position, only to have an email sent to me telling me to click this link and see what they have to offer. I click the link and the site wants me to pay money before I see the jobs. No thank you.

Then there are those advertising for freelance writers needed and they want you to sign up at a dating site to familiarize yourself with it. If I wanted to work that bad, I might think it was legit, but if you want to write and make money, signing up at a dating site is not the answer.

I hope that some day these places wake up and move on to the next work at home job such as transcriptionist or something other than the writing profession. What is your take on this experience? I know it has happened to all of us, because we all look for work.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At March 6, 2009 at 3:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I can not agree with you more. It is so up setting to go through all that only to find out it is a scam.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home